Our History

Our church family was established in 1928 under the leadership of Rev C. H. Anderson. Our meetings were held in a rented lodge hall on East Boscawen Street, over the old Winchester Star Building.

In 1936, the congregation moved into their new building at 455 North Cameron Street and named it "Full Gospel Tabernacle."

In 1963, the church purchased property on Springcrest Street (now Opequon Ave) for the construction of a new church facility and in 1965 they moved into it's new facility. In 1975, the next phase of the building facing Pleasant Valley Road was completed with a sanctuary seating capacity of 700.

In 1984, a multipurpose building was erected on the corner of Opequon Ave and Hollinsworth Dr and the named "The Wigfield Family Life Center" in honor of Pastor H. L. Wigfield, who is now our Pastor Emeritus.

The congregation outgrew the facilities on Pleasant Valley Road and made plans to purchase land in the Winchester area for a new worship facility. Following a long search and overcoming many hurdles, the Charles Hardy Grim Farm was purchased on Middle Rd in December 1999. In June 2003, ground was broken on this property for our new 60,000 square foot facility.

In late 2004, all former facilities were sold to Mount Camel Baptist Church, and Victory Church leased the facilities for several months.

In June of 2005, Victory Church moved into their new location with an 1,100 seat sanctuary, Student Ministry Center, Gymnasium, classrooms and office complex.

Our rich history includes the following pastor who have selflessly served the Victory Church family and Winchester Community.

Rev C. H. Anderson
1928 - 1945

Rev M. N. Zezzo
Jan 1946 - Sept 1949

Rev Thomas Kerfoot
Sept 1949 - Jan 1954

Rev Herman Fry
Feb 1954 - Sept 1958

Rev Frank Mays
Oct 1958 - Aug 1960

Rev Joseph Smith
Aug 1960 - Nov 1963

Rev H. L. Wigfield Jr.
Nov 1963 - Mar 1993

Rev Larry Hickey
April 1993 - July 2006

Rev David Cunsolo
Aug 2006 - Present