* Do you know what can make you forget the goodness of God? The goodness of God!
* Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.
* Moses was teaching the people how NOT to forget God when they experienced good times.
* How? By recalling God’s goodness through remembering what He’s said and what He’s done.
* Notice what Moses said:
* 1) We are to TALK about them:
* when we’re at home - with our family and neighbors.
* when we’re at work - with our fellow colleagues.
* when we’re going to bed - close out our day with Him on our mind.
* when we get up - start our day with Him on our mind.
* 2) We are to LIVE by them:
* when we’re “doing” things - tie them on your hands signifies behavior.
* when we’re “thinking” things - wear them on your forehead signifies thought.
* 3) We are to establish governments by them:
* self and family government - “write them on your doorposts” signifies our homes.
* civil government - “write them on your gates” signifies your nation’s government.
* Notice all the Scripture that’s written on our monuments and buildings in Washington D.C.
* Our founders quoted from the book of Deuteronomy more than any other source - so we know they took this Scripture literally.