* This verse shows us the very first words out of Solomon’s mouth.
* Two oversvations:
* 1) What he DID say:
* Essentially, “it’s not my decision to put you to death - it’s yours” (Adonijah)
* Solomon was showing mercy and giving Adjonijah a mulligan.
* It would be Adonijah’s choice.
* 2) What he DID NOT say:
* “You have nothing to fear.”
* Adonijah had everything to fear, but it would be based on his own behavior.
* Solomon’s first act was to show mercy, but he did it in such a way that struck fear in the heart of this man.